There has been lots of posts and messages circulating for several years now regarding the modern translations of the Bible. I’ve seen people become confused and disillusioned as a result of reading those messages. Some have tried to revert to the old, KJV in response to what they have read. Below this post I have included a sample of such a message.
Now, here is my response to such messages:
- Problem with publisher of NIV. International Bible Society was the original publisher of the NIV. Later, Zondervan, and now that company is owned by another company (Harper Collins) which publishes many types of books. But the publishing of the NIV and its editors have stayed separate. Harper Collins has a Christian division which publishes Christian books. It is this division that handles Bible publishing.
- Some words were removed. Actually, these words were not simply removed. More accurate words were put in its place. The aim is to bring it closer to the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek languages in which the Bible was written.
- NIV has removed 45 verses. The Bible comes to us with many translations and copying (by hand) throughout its history. The verses that were removed were the ones that are not in the oldest and most reliable copies available to us. None of these verses create any doctrinal issues and there is nothing to fear. In fact, the removal of those verses only moves us closer to a genuine and more accurate text of the Bible.
- Problem with mobile Apps. These mobile apps keep up with the updates as the publishers update them. But we must understand that these updates are not working against the Bible. Rather, there are hundreds of Bible scholars who spend their entire lives studying the ancient texts, versions, and translations of the Bible to ensure its accuracy and move us toward the best understanding of the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts of the Bible.
- My conclusion is that there is nothing to fear in using the NIV, ESV or other modern versions of the Bible. There is no clever conspiracy in these translations. These translations and revisions were done by reliable Bible scholars who are working for the accuracy of the text. If there is a problem, there are many others scholars all over the world who handle the original languages who can and do respond. Both the NIV and ESV are reliable translations and we can use them with confidence.
Here is one of the many messages I’ve seen circulating the Internet:
VERY CRITICAL ALERT!!!
Hello beloved saints,
I’m sure you know that new international
version (NIV) was published by Zondervan but is now OWNED by Harper Collins, who also publishes the Satanic Bible and The Joy of Gay Sex.
The NIV and English Standard Version (ESV) has now removed 64,575 words from the Bible Including Jehovah, Calvary, Holy Ghost and Omnipotent to name but a few…
The NIV and ESV has also now removed 45 complete verses. Most of us have the Bible on our devices and phones especially OLIVE TREE BIBLE STUDY APP.
Try and find these scriptures in NIV and ESV on your computer, phone or device right now if you are in doubt: Matthew 17:21, 18:11, 23:14; Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46; Luke 17:36, 23:17; John 5:4; Acts 8:37 …you will not believe your eyes.
Refuse to be blinded by Satan, and do not act like you just don’t care. Let’s not forget what the Lord Jesus said in John 10:10 (King James Version)
If you must use the NIV and ESV, BUY and KEEP AN EARLIER VERSION OF the BIBLE. A Hard Copy cannot be updated. All these changes occur when they ask you to update the app. On your phone or laptop etc.
Buy and KEEP EARLIER VERSIONS AND STORE THEM.
There is a crusade geared towards altering the Bible as we know it; NIV, ESV and many more versions are affected.
We are living in the last days And Jesus is soon to come The Gospel has been preached almost everywhere, all the prophecies have been fulfilled. The devil is working very hard to occupy Christians with the things of this world so that the day will catch them unaware.
Please be prepared, there is no more time, Use the advantage of sms, WhatsApp, BBM, Facebook, twitter etc to send this message to All your contact. Do not ignore. This is also a source of evangelism, souls are dying. God bless you!
NOTE: Did you like this post? Be sure to click the “Like” button and then share this post on Facebook, and tweet it on Twitter! I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you thought of this post by leaving a comment below. Be sure to Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to my blog to receive each new post by email.