Stress Free Pain Relief Daily Reminders
Dr. Joseph Bowles
Instructions: Read this list twice daily. In the morning before beginning your day and at the end of the day before retiring are best. Or if you’re rushed for time, think about them as often as you can during your day. Especially, #1, 2 & 3.
1) The pain I may feel in my lower-back is only due to stress and tension rather than some kind of structural abnormality. (Do this one especially if you feel a twinge of pain).
2) The reason for the pain is mild oxygen deprivation and a gradual buildup of waste products in my lower-back muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves.
3) Stress Related Pain is a harmless condition, caused by my brain using pain as a distraction from unconscious memories involving anger, fear and grief as they rise to consciousness.
4) Since my pain is a normal reaction by the body and not a harmful disease there is nothing to fear. I can proceed through my day fearlessly.
5) Today, I will do some additional physical activity that I have stopped doing.
6) If I feel pain in my back, I will reassure myself at that moment that it is harmless and is caused by stress/tension issues that I’m working on.
7) I will be in control of of my body and will periodically reassure myself that my back is both built and working normally.